Christian Ophthalmic Surgery Expedition Network (CHOSEN) is committed to the privacy of our donors and to the integrity of our records. Outlined below are the policies we use to protect your privacy and safeguard any information you entrust to us. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us.
Ways in which we may collect your information:
• When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question. We may then collect your name, address and email in order to respond to that inquiry.
• We may collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event or mission trip.
• We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you contribute, either on our website, over the phone or by mailing in a check.
The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by CHOSEN. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
• We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
• We may share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
• We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration through our online giving portal described below.
• We will use and share your information to comply with applicable law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of applicable law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
• We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud.
• We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
Specific Ways we Protect Donor Information:
Online giving: Our website is linked to my.gobluefire.comto provide donors with a safe, secure and private facility for making online credit-card gifts.
Email list and Mailings: We will send short email updates to you for various reasons, such as a thank you for your contribution, to send you a receipt for your donation, and other CHOSEN news. If you ever decide you do not want these updates, you can change your preference, unsubscribe, or email a request to be removed to email@example.com.
CHOSEN does not send mailings to people who just visit our website. We send limited communications by mail to our Donors.
Virus protection: CHOSEN uses commercially reasonable efforts to protect its systems with firewalls and leading anti-virus protection software. We update our email system anti-virus protection software regularly.
You may have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing at CHOSEN, PO Box 50600, Amarillo, TX 79159.
If we ever change any of these policies, we will post those changes on this site so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information, and whether we will disclose it to anyone.